I'll admit that I never really put much thought and research into acupuncture. It was always something that I wanted to try out, but never took action.
For the past few months, I've been going to a chiropractor/physical therapist because I have a lot of aches and pains in my neck and back. My pain has been ongoing for years and it always felt like after a few sessions of therapy I felt amazing, but eventually, the pain would come back.
Lately, I haven't had too many complaints since I started back up with therapy. My therapist and chiropractor have been doing me justice! However, they did recommend that I try acupuncture!
In a nutshell, Ancient Chinese secret! (jokes...)
I always knew that it consisted of a bunch of needles or sticks, being pricked into you, but I didn't know what was inside the needles. Guess what---there's nothing in the needles!
They're very thin needles that are flexible, so while receiving treatment, you don't have to be afraid to move and lie stiff like a board. As the doctor said to me in the easiest way to understand: the needles act as traffic cops. They simply help with the balance and energy of our body.
Where did I receive the acupuncture:
Smack dab in the middle of my brows! I honestly still feel like the needle is there.
Since this was my first session, I only had a few needles just for the doctor to understand my body and see how I receive the treatment. two were placed in my feet, my hands, my shoulders and one between my brow (as pictured above).
- Helps with menstruation, headaches, fertility
- Mood: Depression & Anxiety
- Improves blood circulation
- Muscle tightness, back pain, joint pain--reduces chronic
1. We aren't doing our body any good by intaking cold foods/drinks. Our body is being robbed of the energy that it needs to process what we ingest because instead of the energy that needs to be used for our body to break down the food, it's being used to try to regulate the temperature from the cold drinks/foods.
2. Leaving outside with your hair damp- allows diseases in our body. This is tough for curly hair girls like me who decide last minute in the morning that we want fresh curls! When my doctor told me that it allows the body to be open to diseases, I had to rethink this! This can also play a part with infertility! (Scary)
3. You're able to move around, text if you want, while the needles are in your body.
4. These needles act as a traffic cop regulating and directing the blood to circulate properly where it should be. Just like the outside world, sometimes there is traffic in our bodies.
Next session on Friday!